Monday, December 8, 2008

London - Report 2

I need to set a little context before the London adventure story begins. Jon and I are going to London for a GLI meeting that is to take place Friday, November 28th until Sunday, November 30th. (Well, actually at first Jon is just going to go - but I wheedle my way in and we decide that it will be our last big vacation before Whn arrives.)
Enter Jon and Emily - stage right.

Emily: "After the meeting is over let's just stay in the city a few days to play!"
Jon: "That sounds like a great idea! You are a GENIUS and beautiful to boot!"

(I swear that's almost exactly how it went down)

Exit Jon and Emily - stage left. Image of a plane flying across the ocean.

Narrator: "So, with extra full suitcases to last us for the week, we decide to stay an additional 3.5 days. How fun."
Now - Jon apparently has connections because he found us an awesome hotel just north of Hyde Park. We stay just about where the yellow #1 star is on the map.

This is what our hotel looked like when we arrived on the scene.


Enter Jon and Emily. A group of well dressed men are whispering in Russian in the corner and light piano music plays.
Emily: "Jon! This is extravagent! But I feel slightly out of place around this much high-society. And are those men in the Russian mob????"

Jon: "Don't you fret my dear. I know how to handle both the rich AND the Russian mob. Stick with me and you'll be safe."

Emily: "Oooooo. Handsome, brave, AND suave."

Narrator: "To prove his suaveness, Jon takes Emily down the street to a small Greek restaurant for dinner (At the blue #2 star on the map)."

And this is what that looked like.

Part Two: Hyde Park, a Pub, some Coffee, and a Private Bus Tour of London.

Tune in soon!!!

2 comments:

  1. I loved your narration, u guys are funny :) glad to hear you had a good trip and survived the Russian mob!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I'm totally serious too...ask David or Jodi Taylor.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there!