Friday, March 6, 2009

40 Weeks...week by week

Just for fun I put all the Pod Pics together into one giant pregnancy review.  I started at week 12 because that's the first time that 
a) you could notice anything and 
b) I finally got motivated to take a picture each week.  

I missed three weeks: 22, 31, and 33, but I think you still get the idea.  The belly got big.

And big, and big, and big.  Man...that was a lot of baby.  It already feels strange to look back at those pictures and remember what it was like.  Which makes me really glad I took all those pictures to remind myself that yes - I really did look like I stuffed a watermelon under my shirt.

Ellyn and I were talking about how we have such good intentions when it comes to recording life's little happenings; the high hopes for journaling, filling out baby books and such (not the baby books for me, I know my weak areas people, and baby books are never going to happen no matter how well intentioned I am).      

This is especially relevant to me because I have such a terrible memory.  Just ask anyone who has ever borrowed money from me.  I can't even remember who owes me how much and why.  And no, you may not borrow money from me.

But even if I don't remember that Owen's head measured 14.75 inches (and really...why does that matter?  If they measured his fingers at each Dr's visit would I feel compelled to write that down too?) I will remember that I loved cuddling with him, that I loved his tiny head, and the happy face he makes when he has a full tummy. 

I'm giving renewed vigor to my journaling quest.  

Because hey, someday I might really want to know how ginormous I was at 37 weeks pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!