Monday, May 21, 2012

Dinner date with Ever

Everly and I had an evening at home alone last week.  I was grateful for the one-on-one time with my littlest.  She is hitting the super busy 18 month stage and is constantly buzzing around.  Usually around my legs - especially since she's teething again.   


For one evening it was nice to drop everything and just focus on helping the little bee buzz from one activity to the next.  No dinner worries - just leftover soup and popcorn.


Speaking of dinner - I can't believe that I make dinner every night.  It's only now sinking in that I do that.  It's not been one of my regular features for very long...and I'm not claiming proficiency...but it feels so very grown up.


As if the grown up part didn't hit me when I, oh you know, had kids.  It's hitting me because I make dinner and schedule meals for the week.   At least it's sinking in.  (At least I'm feeding my family.)


Even if it's occasionally soup and popcorn.


She didn't mind.


A kiss.  Or maybe she was still hungry?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!