Monday, September 9, 2013

Imagination

Somewhere along the line, we ended up with this plastic toy lawnmower.



O has used this lawnmower for some time, 'helping' to mow the lawn and assist with chores around the house.  In particular, he enjoys anything to do with raking, shoveling, mowing, etc.. as long as he's able to help.

So the other day should have come as no surprise to me...

As I was getting the grill started to cook up some kebabs, O was busy running the lawnmower back and forth over the backyard. I was only vaguely aware of what he was doing, just that he was doing it intently.

I glanced over at one point and he had it flipped over... studying the underside with great interest. Then, after a long moment of reflection, the following conversation ensued...



"DADDY!" O shouts. "There's no blade on this lawmower!!."

"Yes, son, I know."

"Well, I can't cut grass if there's no blade!!"

"Yes, son, I know." [pause for reflection] "You have to use your imagination."



Clearly unsatisfied, O retorts: "You can't cut grass with your imagination!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!