Thursday, October 16, 2008

What's Cooking

Why turkey soft tacos of course!  


Tonight's dinner was so great that I had to post it.  (I mean, how else will I remember to make it again?)

Here's the scoop.  Ground turkey, spinach, corn salsa, black beans, cheese, avocado, and whole wheat tortillas.  Sounds great right?

My tips for the best tacos ever.  
1) Heat up the tortillas.  In the oven - just on warm - while you're cooking everything else.  It brings out the nutty flavor of the whole wheat and makes them slightly crisp.

2) Cook the turkey on medium low heat.  I find that cooking ground turkey on high or medium high makes it too chewy and tough.  Maybe everyone else knows this but no one told me that lower is better with turkey.  I added the turkey, a drizzle of olive oil, cayenne and chile powder, onion, real garlic, and (my secret) some Worcestershire sauce - just a few splashes.  I just threw in everything together - it cooks for 10 to 15 minutes so it has time to absorb the flavors. 

3) Use this salsa (thanks Anna!).  It's tangy and slightly sweet - a great compliment to the slightly spicy turkey.


A little freshly grated cheese, sliced avocado, warm black beans, and these tacos are AWESOME!


He thinks so.


1 comment:

  1. he did, and still does... this nesting-thing has benefits for the husband as well... Em's become quite the cook!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there!