Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thoughts on fatherhood...

I was thinking recently about what it will mean to be a father, and I am beginning to realize the significant change it will bring to my life. Being a project manager and the captain of the hockey team has shown me how your 'team' will basically work and function as a reflection of how you are working or functioning. If I am upbeat about how the project is going, so will the developers. If I play hard and keep my emotions in check on the ice, so will the other players on the team. If not, the results are a crap-shoot.

How much more so when it's my own impressionable child who is looking to me for guidance and patterns to follow?

I look forward to this challenge with great excitement and soberness at the same time... I plan to have lots of fun with the kids, but also to be aware of how I represent God and manhood before them. Between heartbeats and strollers, I really look forward to us raising incredible kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!