Tuesday, September 22, 2009

And now it's fall.

Fall fell at 5:19 am this morning.  
I was sleeping, so I missed it
 
We informally celebrated with a cookout on Sunday evening.   Meet our new grill.  


My parents found this little number and fixed it up for us.   They dropped it off Sunday afternoon, complete with charcoal, steaks, potatoes, a salad, rolls, AND desert.  It was an amazing way to celebrate everything that summer was.  

Already the weather has been cooling and it's felt very appropriate to walk to school in crisp morning air.  I feel the urge to go buy new pencils.  And maybe a trapper keeper. (anyone? anyone?)

Summer was wonderful:  we had the move to Baltimore, our weekend beach trip with the family, I started school, Owen started solid foods,  Gina joined our family, Les and Tay came for a visit, Jon started his LAST fall semester at AU, we had walks in the park, weddings, a fun trip up north, ice cream, Bananagrams, family, friends, and fun.  I loved it.

Deep down, I'm a fall girl.  I love the color and cool air, the apple cider and sweaters.  Down comforters and warm soup.  Mums and the smell of cloves.   Fall is such a nice way to transition to winter's grey cold.  It kind of fools you into thinking that icy, slushy, windy days won't be so bad.

Yay for fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!