Wednesday, January 6, 2010

11 Happy Months


The New Year also marked 11 months of life with Owen.  I don't think I got fireworks for my 11 month birthday - lucky boy.

And now the countdown begins until the 1 year mark.  Oh, time!

A year ago Jon and I were part giddy, part super serious about the impending expansion of life.  In the midst of great joy and excitement there was serious thought and LOTS of serious prayer...

For depth of spirit in our still unnamed baby
For grace during the intimidating transition
For patience and WISDOM
For motherhood and fatherhood
For growth - whatever that meant - surrounded by peace

And daily, hourly even, I hear my spirit search for more of these same things.

And daily, even hourly, I realize what a gift stewarding this life is.

Happy 11 months Owen.
  

1 comment:

  1. Oh the lovely pudginess of those elbows and thighs! Good thing I'm not closer or I wouldn't be able to hold back a nibble!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there!