Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Nine Happy Months

Check out Miss Dimples

Dear Everly,

Tonight I cuddled with you before you went to sleep.  I held you just like I did nine months ago - the very first time they put you on my chest - with you head on my heart.  And you looked in my eyes just like you did in those first moments.  Back then I felt so thankful that you were here...with me.  Tonight I felt that same wave of gratefulness.  Amazed at how much you've grown since then.  And very much in love with the look of recognition and comfort that I saw in your face.  I love being your mama.

At nine months you...


  • have discovered standing and pull yourself up as much as you can.  You also suddenly love walking while holding on to things.  A sofa, fingers, legs.  Whatever you can reach, really.  One day recently you wanted to chase the cat.  You let go of the table and barreled after her.  For about half a second until you fell flat.  But you tried.
  • love to eat!  I give you bits of whatever we're eating, once it's soft enough (or hard enough).  You like cucumber and carrots.  You love lentils and rice.  And oranges.  Oatmeal is ok.  Bananas are fine in small quantities.  Smashed sweet potato was a hit.  You've also tried fish and asparagus, green beans, mashed potatoes, yogurt, applesauce and all kinds of crackers.  But you don't eat too much - after a bit you press those lips together and spend the rest of the meal banging happily on your tray.
  • squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal.  That's pretty much all I have to say about that.
  • still love everything and everyone but you've developed a preference for mama.  And I'm a little partial too so it works out well.
  • have traveled the world a bit.  Florida, Trinidad (Dominican Republic if you count the airport!), Amsterdam, Kenya.  You travel well - not one tantrum in over 50 hours of plane time (not to mention airport time and customs time...).  Not too bad for a bitty one.  And, for the record, I LOVE bassinets in planes.  Wish they had adult sized ones.
  • have your first top tooth!  (confession...she got that one this weekend.  But because this post is a tad late anyway I'll include it.  Close enough.)
Love you so much, Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!