Saturday, September 10, 2011

Travel 1


This boy is such a trooper.  He took whatever we threw at him over the last few months.  For someone who really thrives on a schedule his ability to adapt to whatever circumstance or time zone we were in with few complaints was such a big help to two busy (and sometimes sick) parents.   

I would travel with Owen anywhere (and I mean that).

I think sometimes I get caught up in the tension of two-ness and overlook just how much of a joy this boy is.  He is funny and creative and cuddly and loving.  I love him enough to overlook the growls of "YOU NO TALK TO ME" and focus on the pure excitement about life that he exudes.

I'm so glad he was able to travel with us.  I'm so glad he got to see the giraffes in the wild.  So glad he got excited about the zebas.  So glad he had the chance to run and dance and crawl and eat dirt in Kenya.  So glad he was able to go to summer camp in Trinidad.  Regardless of what he eventually remembers he was joyful in the moment, and that's what I love.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!