Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Cake




When almost my whole family arrived for an impromptu visit/birthday celebration last weekend I couldn't resist making Owen an actual cake (though he, apparently, thinks ice-cream alone is an acceptable alternative).  I 'pinned' this idea long ago, excited with the boy friendliness (and ease).  

I love how Owen and Blake are gazing longly at the combination of sugar and trucks. 

It was the first time most of my siblings/nieces/nephews had been to our house and we fit seven children and eight adults into our small quarters cozily.  I loved hosting, loved seeing everyone chatting and eating and playing, loved how warm it felt full of people.  There is such a fun dynamic among cousins as they grow...I'd have kept them longer if I could have.  Cousin sleepovers soon?

At the very least we need more birthdays to celebrate.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!