Sunday, August 17, 2008

Week 17

16 Weeks! I guess that means it's been a month of posting the 'podulation' pictures. We are creeping closer to the halfway point now - which is a little hard to fathom. At our last checkup we heard the baby's heartbeat again (150 beats per minute!) and got a good report from Dr. Cobbs. I think we hit a milestone because they scheduled the next three month's of visits instead of just one month ahead. We finally got to break into the morning appointments!!! (Previously it's been impossible - I felt like it was reserved for a secret club.) It's the little things that make me happy.





The big news for this week is that I've started to feel the baby move. I'm pretty sure that I felt the first movement about two weeks ago - it was like a little goldfish flicked around for just a second. This week was more fluttery - I've felt something almost every day. A little wiggle or a little quick series of light thumps. It's so exciting to finally have some physical proof of the baby. After all, the baby is pretty large at this point! I'm constantly amazed that it's so big but so 'invisible'. I can't wait for the movements to get more intense and frequent as time goes by!

We've been having wonderful, cool weather. It's starting to smell a little like fall. Jon and I went for a run on the C&O Canal yesterday and, even though it was warm, I noticed that the trees are developing that deep, dark green of late summer. The nights here have been chilly now too - with no humidity. Great sleeping weather.

We have a little bit of traveling coming up this week and next and Jon will be away in Florida for a few days next week - so I'll be attempting to take the week 17 picture alone! We'll see how that goes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!