Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Gingerbread (read: graham cracker) Houses

I'm not really in the Christmas spirit.  Not bah-humbugy but there is no 'magic' feel to this time of year for me.  Maybe that's a different post.  Or maybe I should just leave it at that...

(I do like the lights though as evidence by my willingness to do the whole Zoo lights outing.)

BUT I kind of like the crafty feel of the season.  The part where you make things for people.  And eat good, warm food.  And while I'm gradually parting ways with sugar...I think it's fun to play with every once in awhile.  When I came across this recipe for Perfect Decorating Frosting I really wanted to try some houses with the boys.  





(They mostly just poured sprinkles on the top.  But they were prooooud of those sprinkles.  And a little hopped up on the sugar.)

It was 20 minutes of pure seasonal fun.  I can't wait to do more things like this as the kids get older.  I love having an excuse to do fun activities.  I mean, I probably couldn't justify making dinky lopsided graham cracker houses if it was just me in the kitchen...you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!