Monday, December 12, 2011

Zoo Lights

Jon was out of town over the weekend and, for the most part, the kids and I took it easy and hung out at home.  Where it was warm.

Also, Jon came down the a stomach bug the day before he left.  So I was trying to stay close to home in case that 'blessing' descended on us quickly.  

Thankfully we were spared.

And I thought that we should do something to celebrate surviving the weekend (in more ways than one).  So we bundled up and went to the National Zoo to see the Christmas light show.

Everly was especially impressed and employed out some of her biggest 'WOW's.  





That one trip was probably more work than an entire 5 days of single parenting. Stuffing babies in 15 layers of winter gear, DC traffic, DC parking (shiver), the hills, the cold, the tired toddler who wanted to be carried, the potty emergency that needed to be dealt with by the car...in the dark, the stroller that wanted to expand every time I tried to get it in the trunk...

But I'll do a lot when I get paid in WOWs.  That stupid stroller can't compete with a WOW.  No way.  And I am a sucker for sparkly lights.  The trees were pretty amazing.  Go if you're in the area...just take the metro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!