Friday, December 2, 2011

Twelve Happy Months!

This little sunbeam is twelve months old!




What a happy, happy day.  

Owen was playing at a friend's house for almost the whole day - so Everly had a rare day alone with Mama and Daddy.  It was like a gift to us.  

Everly, 

One year ago today we brought you home.  You were only a few hours old and a tiny little squish of a thing.  Your birth had been peaceful and calm and taught me much about faith and trust and God. You slept 6 hours straight that night - right at my side.  

Today I looked at you as I was putting you to bed.  You are a year old now and a big, steady girl.  The past year with you has been just like your birth, peaceful and calm.  Caring for you is simple - you give back in love everything that we invest in you and more.  You continue to teach me about faith and trust and God - and I'm grateful for that.  

You are like a little fishing bobber, or a buoy, always floating on the sea, riding the waves with ease. the ups and downs don't phase you - Owen's mini storms can't pull you under - you just pop back up with a smile.  

Let's do another year of this together, you and me and daddy and Owen.  You know what?  I can't get enough of you...let's do a whole lot more years together.

I love you.

Mama.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!