Sunday, February 19, 2012

3: The Blobbies




Since I was planning on having just a small celebration for Owen's birthday (which, in hindsight is a little funny) I wanted to make it special for him by putting some real effort into just a few little details as another way of expressing how very much I love him (even if he doesn't notice).  I saw this idea on Pinterest back in the fall and thought they were a great idea for a party favor.  We could play games with them at the party and then each kid could adopt one to take home at the end.

Of course I had no idea how to knit a ball - let alone knit a straight line.

Thankfully I came across this tutorial showing how to crochet a ball for Christmas ornaments.   I dived in and...started making these in December.  For February.  Aaaand I got 5 done in time for the party.

Even though they didn't end up looking anything like the tutorial (no...I was not intentionally going for any shape other than round) I'm rather fond of them.  Everly stole the little yellow one - which made me kind of happy.  I think it's my favorite.  A warm sunny lemon drop...just like her.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!