Saturday, April 7, 2012

On hoarding rocks




Owen and I have been a little obsessed with finding these mica filled rocks lately.  On our daily walks around the lake both of us are yelling "SPARKLY!" at regular intervals and piling rocks into the cup holders of Ever's stroller.

We have quite a collection at home.  It might be bordering on hoarding. Or qualify as mica mining.  

I think this one was especially impressive.  All gold and glittering.  

My heart swells every time I hear Owen exclaim that something is "So BeaUtiful!"  Spring has given us plenty of reasons to appreciate beauty and he finds it in everything.  If you go on a walk with the two of us you might assume this is our first trip to earth or that we both grew up in a desert.  

I'm so happy to have a sidekick that finds such joy in leaves and shiny rocks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!