Saturday, January 19, 2013

...






I love finding old pictures.  The kids and I took a bunch of photos together back in October and I just came across them again now.  

I love these silly moments together.  Sitting on Mama's bed in our jammies (well...except for Owen who was modeling his formal wear) and laughing together at all the funny faces we could make on the screen.  I love Ever's messy shirt...probably stained with strawberries from breakfast...and Owen's attempt to look serious.

Last night I was thinking again about the vital role of fun in life.  Of how really crucial it is to have laughter and dancing and celebrating and lightheartedness thrown in the mix with responsibility and attending to the weighty matters of life.  Not that weighty things are onerous or dreary aspects of life.  Really - being responsible should be joyful in itself, right?  There is such peace that comes from doing things correctly.  But random laughter and burst of spontaneous joy give such great perspective.  I really want to show the kids that everything is intertwined - work and fun and laughter and seriousness - it's all a part of the package.  We need to have everything balanced together.  Being seriousness is fun and being fun is serious, if you will.

But anyway...lately I've been seeking to add more sparkle to my daily life, and remembering moments like this (and fitting a few more silly picture sessions into the daily routine) is a perfect way to reflect some light.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!