Monday, June 30, 2008

Flashback

Ok... one of us has been a bit slack in writing on the blog... but I won't say who.  

Anyways...

We need to take it back a few weeks now... to when we told our parents and family the great news.  Since our now-infamous Baltimore plot didn't work out (for our uninformed readers, we were wrangling to get Mom and Dad Trout to meet us for dinner, upon which we would spring the happy news... but they weren't playing along!).  SO, we cleverly hit the road Saturday morning in a devious plan to show up on their doorstep unannounced and spring the news on them.  

On the way there, I took turns calling my family to fill them in on the news... but again, people weren't cooperating.  I mean, really, it was almost like they didn't want to hear! (j/k)

I called my niece, Taylor, and told her first.  We really wanted to do this because she's been the only grandchild so far and, well, she has a special place with us.  Then, we called my sister, Leslie, with Taylor quietly waiting on the phone.  Needless to say, her response was, well, screamingly overjoyed *smile*.   Now for the final part of our nefarious plan... with both Taylor and Leslie on the phone quietly, we called my mother up.  But wouldn't you know, she wasn't answering!  After some pestering, we disturbed her nap with the news.

"Shut-up, shut-up, shut-up!"  

That's a good sign of surprise :)  But I didn't have to shut up because it was true.  It was awesome to tell my family... it made it seem even more real than before.

Not to be out-done, we arrived in the Ephrata area.  Em called Mom Trout and made chit-chat with her while we bought some flowers.  Then we just popped in.  Another surprise and another happy set of parents.  We told the rest of the family that weekend.

I tell you... there's something special about telling your family that you're pregnant.  It's hard to put your finger on, but it's amazing experience.  There are more details to share that just these few lines can capture, but needless to say, both families are thrilled at the news.

Now we just have to wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!