Monday, June 30, 2008

The Beach and the Great Sleep

Tired. Apparently the last blog posting was from June 10th. That was 20 days ago. I feel like that was yesterday. Maybe I was asleep the whole time. Yep - I pretty much was. Actually - I felt too sick the week of the 10th. I even felt sick in my sleep.

The week after that we were at the beach with my sister and her family. Here are a couple of pictures from that. The beach was great - super relaxing. I slept a lot which really aided my return to feeling more normal.

Here is the beautiful beach. We were walking on the boardwalk in Ocean City (NJ) in the evening. I thought this was a nice shot of the moon and the beach.


Here we all area at the Wonderland Pier - the amusement end of the boardwalk. Sarah is very kindly sharing her Kohr Bros ice cream with Caleb.


Here's uber-cute Caleb again. Not such a fan of the merry-go-round.


But a BIG fan of the tide pool down near 93rd street. For awhile. And only after a few days of trying. To be fair it was cold. Anyone see a pattern in these pics with Uncle Jon getting quality Caleb time. They were big buds after the week - even did high-fives.




Sarah is practicing her 'diving' skills - known to most of us as pulling-yourself-along-in-calf-deep-water-on-your-stomach skills. Which were pretty killer. She loved the water and would run into it splashing around - even though most of the time it was pretty cold. After awhile her lips would turn blue and she would need some cuddle in a towel on the chair time.


The trip was great. The week after I felt MUCH better. Well, at least through the end of the week. But hey - we're over 9 weeks along!! All downhill from here, right?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!