Wednesday, October 15, 2008

...and growing...

Our little guy keeps growing and kicking.  Here's a summarization of where he's at for Week 24...


Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long, he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon. (pregnancy.com)

Some of my male friends have found it difficult to image the child based upon the vegetable references.  So here's another example to help you out.  This week he's about the length of a football.  


He's obviously not as round as one but hopefully this will help you guys out. 

I've been busy with classes this semester and the winter hockey season is about to start (that's my league, not the NHL).  Work has been incredibly busy and productive lately as well.  I say all this as an excuse for my laxness in posting.  Though Emily has been carrying the torch admirably.  

She's an amazing lady.  Wonderful!

- JP

2 comments:

  1. So I'm a bit confused....where did "Whn" come from? Is it short for something? I think I missed that part, of how you came to call him Whn for now.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol...it stands for what's-his-name. Jon started calling him that and I though it took too long - so I decided on Whn, (say Wyn). It was in the 23 week post. :)

    http://highpointview.blogspot.com/2008/10/week-23.html

    Hi to Kenya!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there!