Monday, January 19, 2009

Does he know?

Over the past week or so, our cat - Cassanova - has been spending a lot of time in our apartment. This is unusual because he normally spends his days and evenings with our landlady upstairs. While we've been happy to share him, his sudden clinginess and need for attention has me wondering... does he know that the baby is about to be born?


To give you a little background, my little buddy Cass predates even Emily in my life. He is the little orphan kitty that chewed through my screen door ages ago to claim me as his owner. This guy is famous for warming even the most ardently anti-cat people... fully affectionate and easy going... he is perhaps the perfect cat. And I'm not just saying that because he's mine... this statement has been made by numerous friends and neighbors.

So I've been wondering if his sudden re-emergence on my lap has something to do with a sense that our son will be arriving soon. Perhaps he's staking his claim to pre-eminence as being 'first', or maybe it's something else.


Either way, he'll always be 'first-cat'... there is no doubt about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!