Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Here's some change.



I feel like blogging.   (I also feel like pouring a whole bag of dried fruit and nuts down my throat - but I already did that once and I don't want to be greedy.)

It's probably because I'm procrastinating doing homework and readings.  Or maybe because I'm hopped up on sugar.  Or maybe both.

Life is changing.

This morning we drove to PA for a quick visit with new nephew Blake.  He is so tiny and sweet and brand, brand new.  Trish and Dan have entered the world of two kids and seem  to be handling it wonderfully.  I asked Trish what it felt like to be doing this all a second time - she said it was so different.


I had a group meeting at school today.  I'm not a groupie.  But today - I was slower to correct obnoxiously, listened a little more intently, and overall balanced varied personalities just a tad better than the bull-in-china-shop approach I usually take.  I'm pretty sure it's an answer to prayers.  Life is to short to waste it on me being me so I'm always happy to see a little less of myself show up.

[I have one more story - though I can't tell it just yet.  But it's not about babies - I already told one of those.]  

Jon and I have noticed something.  It's not just the leaves that are switching out their green cloaks for something more festive, life is changing, something's afoot.

I've been thinking a lot the past few days about the plans God has in His mind for the world, and for me.  Frankly - blown away that He has plans for me.  And thankful - very thankful.

I'm gearing up and getting excited!

1 comment:

  1. I always love your posts - they are thought provoking and usually funny to boot! But just one complaint... CRYPTIC ALLUSIONS DRIVE ME NUTS!!! (Thanks for the disclaimer about babies, but that hardly narrows it down.)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there!