Monday, November 16, 2009

Indescribable.

If you've known me for awhile then undoubtedly you've heard me mention (brag?) that I went to Space Camp in middle school.  There is a fine line between awesome and nerdy and I think I walk it well.

I was going to be an astronaut at one point and I couldn't wait to see the view from space.  

I'm happily planted on solid ground now but my mind still wanders star-ward from time to time.  I just can't wrap my brain around a light year.  Or the fact that our galaxy is so tiny compared to the universe.

An old friend posted this video link on facebook.  It's broken into five parts - each about 9 minutes.  I'm not a fan of stadium-style, hype-it-up, emotion-driven preaching...but sometimes I get caught up in the 'enormity' of my life and the simple facts and images presented here about the universe re-calibrated my mind.  I've been thinking about the Indescribable nature of God for a few weeks now.

Here's part one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!