Thursday, June 9, 2011

SOLVED!



Remember this little guy?



I was thisclose to digging up this space hogging, nutrient sucking, unknown and unwanted WEED.

But I didn't. I was too curious to see what would happen to it. It meant sacrificing the chives - but, eh, I wasn't that excited about chives anyway (if I'm totally honest - and why would I lie about something like chives?).

The other day I was diligently watering my wilted weed when I noticed something. Which led to some frantic googling.

Behold...






A TURNIP!



Slightly square and stunted...with a jumbled mess for a taproot...but nonetheless...

A TURNIP!

I feel like a farmer and I didn't even plant it (on purpose).

Here I was, growing this older brother to my beloved radishes and I had no idea. I would have been harvesting it's leaves and chowing down on some extra riboflavin instead of letting the bugs eat them all.

Sigh.

The only mystery now is what culinary masterpiece it will contribute to.

Or should I eat it on it's own? As a sort of thank you/sorry-for-calling-you-a-weed/tribute.

Any suggestions?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!