Monday, June 25, 2012

Mix a Pancake, Stir a Pancake



 

I have the best helpers.  They especially like making pancakes and waffles but will pull up a chair anytime they hear me puttering in the kitchen.  I can open the refrigerator and know that within 3 seconds Everly will be at my feet pulling jars of pickles and mustard bottles out of the door.  It's my version of a dog whistle.  And I have to load the dishwasher in spurts (and only while I'm alone in the kitchen) unless I want the contents simultaneously loaded AND unloaded. 

I won't say that I loathed being in the kitchen before - but I certainly didn't enjoy it like I do now.  There definitely is more meaning in my work there or maybe just a greater reason for cooking and keeping things in order.   Two pretty sweet reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!