Thursday, September 25, 2008

Almost Fall!!!!

The weather has gotten much chillier the past two days. Today it was in the 60s and raining. It feels very fallish. This makes me really happy for a few reasons:


1) fall is my favorite season. It means beautiful weather, spectacular colors, warm clothes, cuddling (with Jon - *wink*), warm drinks, soup, the start of the holiday season (not that I have a particular affinity for the actual holidays - just the general season), and family.

2) it always reminds me of 'back-to-school'. You know, the new pencils, new teacher, fresh paper smell of the back to school time. It automatically causes me to want to start something fresh. Hmmm...combined with nesting I wonder what THAT will bring?


3) this year it means that the baby is that much closer to being here. I'm not rushing you little guy - I'm just enjoying being excited about you.


Here are some sneak preview pictures of what the fall will bring around here. I'm cheating a little because they're from a few years ago - but I just can't wait!


The river from walking on the canal.



What the driveway will look like. A perfect carpet of brightly colored leaves. BEAUTIFUL!




In other funny news - and totally changing the subject - this is what I did this week to illustrate the dangers of having a smooshy brain.


Our dear friend Marcia (remember - just had adorable baby Evan) had one major food aversion while she was pregnant.

Chicken.

I mean - she couldn't stand to be in the same place where chicken had been. It was really, really bad.



The lovely Marcia.

After Evan was born I decided to make her and Mark a meal that they could heat up in a crockpot when they needed. So I got everything ready and sent it over with Jon one evening. I made them...

Chicken Stew.

I didn't realize until just yesterday (three days later) and was horrified...absolutely horrified. Marica was so gracious though and said that she ate it anyway. She is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!