Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Nesting

Mother duck mode.








I'm not sure if it's the article on organization that I read in the New York Times today or the fact that I constantly have to clear stuff off of whatever chair I want to sit on, but I've had the urge to purge recently. Transitions are wonderful times to clear out the old and create a new environment for the new - and motherhood happens to be a nice transition point.

I'm more and more exciting about making this jump into the new world of parenthood. I can't wait to get all the supplies organized and put in their proper places. To paint and create and imagine. But I think that more than anything Jon and I have felt a deep need to get ourselves in order. As has been told to me many times, if it's not in place before (fill in here...school, marriage, children, whatever) you may just find it harder to put in place afterwards. So we've spent a lot of time examining our own lives. Are we properly 'watered,' is our relationship strong, etc.

I guess it goes with what I was talking to my mother about recently. Everyone wants a healthy, perfect child. But in my mind, way more important is that this child has a strong spirit, a strong knowledge of God and His ways. After all, life consists of way more than we see externally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!