Friday, May 13, 2011

Social Media Guru (Me)


Sabrina...this is for you. (But you probably already know about it.)

I'm definitely not an early adaptor - especially when it comes to social media. I figure Jon does that for both of us.

But when I heard about Pinterest the promise of an electronic image pinboard/categorization system got me really excited. My bookmark folders were crammed with images and ideas that I found online. And honestly - I would probably never have gone back to look at them.

Pinterest allows you to 'pin' any image you find online to any number of virtual 'boards' in your collection. You can create boards for fashion, kids stuff, interior design, weddings, parties, etc.

THEN they add in a social media component. You can look through other people's boards, follow them to keep current with what they are looking at or 'repin' their images. But I haven't really explored that side of it though, obviously.

The best part is that Pinterest also keeps track of where your images come from. They record the original url and embed it in the picture. A quick click takes you back. So you can save one image as a visual bookmark to a recipes or instruction. It's pretty cool.

No more piles of magazine cut outs or overstuff internet bookmark folders. Yay!

Thought it was interesting enough to share...check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!