Thursday, June 4, 2009

Moving

Thanks to Dad for the cool picture.

Ah, yes.  It is true.  We are moving.  After more than 5 years here at Highpoint (the house, not the blog) we are pulling our roots out of the soil and re-planting them elsewhere.  

Oh, and I've grown some deep roots.

Apparently I've grown a little too comfortable here on our cliff-top perch.  The seclusion, the proximity to so much nature, the running trails where I poured out my blood and sweat (so, so much sweat) training for Chicago, the pool, the company, the VIEW - oh my stars the view.  This place, like no other, has become home to me.  I'm not sure how we'd manage to live in the little one-bedroom basement apartment with a few kids running around but gosh darn it, I probably would have tried.  (Poor Jon is cringing right now).  

We are moving to Baltimore so I can go to school for a year.  We are living in the city.  In the middle of a row of townhomes.  Neighbors so close that you can smell what they're making for dinner.  It is a beautiful neighborhood, we have a little yard, windows, much more room (and closets - oh my stars the closets!), and no mountainside to shovel if it snows.  It is mere blocks from school and a short walk to a cute coffee house and other small shops.  I can feel the old, forgotten sense of adventure well up inside when we visit.  A complete change!  How will we grow and progress under the pressure of the new environment?  It excites me and I see the possibilities as endless.

So, in an acknowledgement of my sentimentality, and my deep love of our situation here in Virginia, I'm going to pay tribute to our lovely nest here.  The place Jon and I made our own, where we first snuggled our son and settled ourselves.  Next week will be Highpoint week - each day I'll post about a little something I loved from this place.

And the next week, in celebration of our new abode and our excitement and anticipation for the future, will be Fairmount week - with a new post each day detailing the neighborhood's charm and the house's nooks and crannies.  

Hopefully it will be a fun way to say goodbye, and hello, to some wonderful places that we call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!